Affinity Africa Finance Limited, and its subsidiary namely PayFlex Microfinance Company
Limited treat personal information we collect through this website, associated websites,
mobile sites, mobile applications and other channels in accordance with this policy and all
applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- Personal Information
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual
- We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal
When we do so we are subject to the applicable data protection laws, regulations
and guidelines and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that
personal information for the purposes of the law.
- We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Your name and contact information, including email address and telephone
- Information to enable us to check and verify your identity, example your date of
- Your gender information, if you choose to give this to us
- Location data, if you choose to give this to us
- Your billing information, transaction and payment card information
- Information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you
- Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems
- Why we collect your personal information
- This personal information is required to provide the services to you
- Meeting our responsibilities to you;
- Following your instructions;
- Processing your personal information for ordinary business purposes (this
open and maintain your account, give effect to transactions, administer claims
applicable, manage our risks and maintain our overall relationship with you);
- Carrying out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and
evaluating and improving our business (this includes improving existing and
new products and services);
- Telling you about services and products available;
- Making sure our business suits your needs; and
- Complying with applicable regulations.
- Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue
you with the products or services that you need.
- While you are using our website or applications, we automatically process
information about your use and activities on the website or applications. We use this
information to find out which areas of our website or applications people visit most and
to monitor the use of our applications. This helps us to add more value to our services.
- How your personal information is collected
We collect most of this personal information directly from you: when we meet you, speak to
you by telephone, or by text or email or via our website and digital applications.
- Your consent
- We will process your personal information if you give us your consent or in
with the law. You give your consent to us through our products and services agreements.
- We will only disclose your personal information if:
- The law requires it;
- We have a public duty to disclose the information;
- Our or your legitimate interests require disclosure; or
- You agreed that we may disclose your information.
- We ask third-party service providers to agree to our privacy policies if
access to any personal information to carry out their services. We will not disclose
your personal information to external organisations that are not our service providers,
unless you gave us your consent, or unless we may do so by law, or if it is necessary
for the conclusion or performance or our agreement with you.
- We routinely share personal information with:
- Companies within our group;
- Third parties we use to help deliver our products and services to you, example
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, example marketing
- Third parties approved by you, e.g. social media sites you choose to link your
to or third-party payment providers; and
- Our insurers and brokers.
- We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information
if we are
satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
- We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to
ensure they can
only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
- We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies
bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Transfer across borders
Sometimes we will process your personal information in other countries, either to carry out
your instructions or for ordinary business purposes. These countries may not have the same
level of protection. If necessary, we will ask the party to whom we transfer your personal
information to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices.
- Our security practices
- We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from
accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. Those processing your information
will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We also have appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational
to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable
regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- If you give us permission, we may use your personal information to tell you
products, services and special offers from us or other companies that may interest you.
We will do this through email, text message (SMS), phone calls, social media platforms
or notify you on your mobile applications.
- We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect
with other organisations outside our group for marketing purposes.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at
- Contacting us at via email@example.com
- Using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number
- Updating your marketing preferences on your online profile
- We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you
provide further products and services in the future, or if there are changes in the law,
regulation, or the structure of our business.
- Your rights
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of
The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
c. Restriction of processing
The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information in
certain circumstances e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
d. Data portability
The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a
structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data
to a third party, in certain situations
e. To object
The right to object at any time to your personal information being processed for
direct marketing (including profiling); in certain other situations to our
continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for
the purpose of our legitimate interests.
(e.g. computer, smartphone or another electronic device) when you use our website. We will
ask for your permission to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device,
except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have
clicking on the cookie icon at the bottom left of any page on our website. You can then
uncheck boxes of appropriate cookie categories you may not be interested in. It may be
necessary to refresh the page for the updated settings to take effect.
If you do not want to accept any cookies, you may be able to change your browser settings so
that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not
accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our
- Third-party websites
Our website, related websites and mobile applications may have links to or from other
websites. Although we try to link only to websites that also have high privacy standards, we
are not responsible for their security, privacy practices or content. We recommend that you
always read the privacy and security statements on these websites.
- Monitoring of electronic communications
We communicate with you through different methods and channels. If allowed by law, we may
record and monitor electronic communications to make sure that they comply with our legal
and regulatory responsibilities and internal policies.
- Monitoring and analysis
We will monitor and analyse your account for credit, fraud, compliance and other risk-related
purposes as required by law.
We may change this privacy statement. We will publish all changes on our websites. The latest
version of our privacy statement will replace all earlier versions, unless it says
- Queries and complaints
If you have any queries or complaints about privacy, please contact:
Risk and Compliance Manager
Affinity Africa Finance Limited
700 Mission Street, Osu, Accra, Ghana
Terms and Conditions of Access
These conditions become effective when you access the site for the first time and constitute
a binding agreement between us (Affinity Africa Finance Limited, and our subsidiary namely -
PayFlex Microfinance Company Limited) and yourself, which will always prevail. The current
version of these conditions will govern our respective rights and obligations each time you
access this site.
You should read these Terms carefully before using the website or applications.
By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by
these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site
If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by e-mail:
- Using the Site
- The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only. All
information on this
is only intended to provide you with general information about us, our products,
services and objectives. Nothing on this should be treated as an offer but merely as an
invitation to do business with us.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for:
- all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site; and
- keeping your password and other account details confidential
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with
these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
- We may provide information from time to time on:
- the plans, objectives and/or projections of the bank for future operations,
those relating to the services of the bank; or
- future economic performance
Such projections are only estimates. Actual events or results may differ.
- All information is provided "as is" and should not be treated as
investment advice of any kind. You should consult your own professional advisors before
relying on any information on this site.
- Amendments to these conditions
We may amend these conditions from time to time. By accessing this site, you are bound to the
version of the conditions published here at the time of any visit to this site. You agree to
view the current version each time you access the site.
- Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot
promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or
suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Site is
at your own risk. We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see
While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the
Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the
- Linked third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site.
Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control
over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or
information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third-party
website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or
services. Your use of a third-party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that
- Our intellectual property
- The Site and all intellectual property rights in it including but
any Content are owned by us our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual
property rights mean rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design
rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of
any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the
world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection
with these Terms. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and
free to use them as we see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other
necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to adjust to try to
circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any
intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other
security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
- Other trademarks and trade names may also be used on the Site. The
use of any
trademarks on the Site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written
- Software may be made available for you to download in order to help
work better. You may only use such software if you agree to be bound by the
terms and conditions that apply to such software (this is sometimes known as an
‘end-user license agreement’ or ‘EULA’). You will be
made aware of any terms and conditions that apply to the software when you try
to download it. If you do not accept such terms and conditions, you will not be
allowed to download the software. You should read any terms and conditions
carefully to protect your own interests (they may contain provisions that set
out what your legal rights are under, what your legal responsibilities are when
using software, what the software provider’s legal responsibilities are,
and provisions that limit a software provider’s legal responsibilities to
- Software, if any, made available for download on or via our site is
license conditions that establish a legal relationship with the licensor. You
indemnify us against any breach of these license conditions. We give no warranty
and make no representation, whether express or implied, as to the quality or
fitness for purpose of the use of such software.
- No warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files,
applications available via this site are free of viruses, trojans, bombs,
time-locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect
the operation of your computer, database, network or other information systems.
- Transmission of information
Information transmitted via an unsecured link over the Internet, including email, is
susceptible to potential unlawful access, distortion or monitoring. The measures we have
taken to limit these risks are outlined in our privacy and security statement. As we do not
have the ability to prevent unlawful activities by unscrupulous persons, you accept that we
cannot be held liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by you as a result. To limit
these risks, we may request independent verification of any information transmitted by you
via the site or email from time to time.
- Termination, suspension and limitation
We may modify, suspend or discontinue the site, whether temporarily or permanently, without
notice. We may also impose limits or conditions on the right to certain services, features
or functions and we may restrict access to parts of or all of the services on the site.
- No warranties or representations
- We do not warrant that the site or online services will be error-free or
meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of
information, performance or quality.
- We expressly disclaim all implied warranties, including, without limitation,
warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose,
non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Except for any legal
responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal
injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your
personal information, we are not legally responsible for any losses that:
- Were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; or
- That were not caused by any breach on our part;
- Business losses; and
- Losses to non-consumers.
- Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or
circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs
or other industrial disputes; pandemic; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood,
fire, explosion or accident.
Subject to the relevant service terms, all disputes arising as a result of your
use of the site or on the interpretation of these conditions or on any matter which in
terms of the conditions requires agreement by the parties, (other than where an
interdict is sought or urgent relief may be obtained from a court of competent
jurisdiction), will be submitted firstly to our internal complaint procedure. If we do
not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may refer the dispute to
the Bank of Ghana.
- In the event that the dispute remains unresolved, it shall be
referred to arbitration. Arbitration will be held with only the parties and their
representatives in Ghana in accordance with the ICC Arbitration rules with one (1)
arbitrator who shall be a lawyer of a minimum of 10 years’ standing. The language of
arbitration shall be in English.
- Either party will be entitled to have the award made an order of a
court of competent jurisdiction. The parties will keep the evidence in the arbitration
proceedings and any order made by any arbitrator confidential unless otherwise
contemplated. The arbitrator will have the power to give default judgement if any party
fails to make submissions on due date and/or fails to appear at the arbitration.
- Capacity to enter into agreements
You hereby warrant to us that you have the required legal capacity to enter into and be bound
by contractual terms. If you are unsure whether you have the legal capacity to enter into
agreements, contact someone able to provide you with this information before you continue
using this site.
- Notices and service of legal process
Chief Executive Officer
Affinity Africa Finance Limited
700 Mission Street, Osu, Accra, Ghana
- The law governing our relationship
These conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic
of Ghana without reference to any conflict of law provisions.
No failure or delay by us to exercise any of our rights will be construed as a waiver of any
such right, whether this is done expressly or implied, nor will it affect the validity of
any part these conditions or prejudice our right to take subsequent action against you.
- If any of these terms, conditions or provisions are held to be
invalid, unlawful or unenforceable; the term, condition or provision will be deleted
from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to
the full extent permitted by law.
- If you have any questions or do not understand anything in these
conditions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you
as soon as possible..