Affinity Africa Finance Limited, and its subsidiary namely Affinity Ghana Savings and Loans Limited treat personal information we collect through this website, associated websites, mobile sites, mobile applications and other channels in accordance with this policy and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
1. Personal Information
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (you).
2.1. We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to the applicable data protection laws, regulations and guidelines and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of the law.
2.2. We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
2.3. Why we collect your personal information
2.3.1. This personal information is required to provide the services to you including but not limited to:
2.3.2. Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the products or services that you need.
2.3.3. While you are using our website or applications, we automatically process certain information about your use and activities on the website or applications. We use this information to find out which areas of our website or applications people visit most and to monitor the use of our applications. This helps us to add more value to our services.
2.3.4. How your personal information is collected We collect most of this personal information directly from you: when we meet you, speak to you by telephone, or by text or email or via our website and digital applications.
3. Your consent
3.1. We will process your personal information if you give us your consent or in accordance with the law. You give your consent to us through our products and services agreements.
3.2. We will only disclose your personal information if:
4.1. We ask third-party service providers to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any personal information to carry out their services. We will not disclose your personal information to external organisations that are not our service providers, unless you gave us your consent, or unless we may do so by law, or if it is necessary for the conclusion or performance or our agreement with you.
4.2. We routinely share personal information with:
4.3. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
4.4. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
4.5. We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
5. Transfer across borders Sometimes we will process your personal information in other countries, either to carry out your instructions or for ordinary business purposes. These countries may not have the same level of protection. If necessary, we will ask the party to whom we transfer your personal information to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices.
6. Our security practices
6.1. We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6.2. We also have appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
7.1. If you give us permission, we may use your personal information to tell you about products, services and special offers from us or other companies that may interest you. We will do this through email, text message (SMS), phone calls, social media platforms or notify you on your mobile applications.
7.2. We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell it with other organisations outside our group for marketing purposes.
7.3. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
7.4. We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products and services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
|Access||The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information(the right of access)|
|Rectification||The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information|
|Restriction of processing||The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances eg. if you contest the accuracy of the data|
|Data portability||The right to receive the personal information your provided to us, in a structured manner,commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party, in certain situations|
|To object||The right to object at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing(including profiling); in certain other situations to our continues processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests|
Our website, related websites and mobile applications may have links to or from other websites. Although we try to link only to websites that also have high privacy standards, we are not responsible for their security, privacy practices or content. We recommend that you always read the privacy and security statements on these websites.
We communicate with you through different methods and channels. If allowed by law, we may record and monitor electronic communications to make sure that they comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and internal policies.
We will monitor and analyse your account for credit, fraud, compliance and other risk-related purposes as required by law.
We may change this privacy statement. We will publish all changes on our websites. The latest version of our privacy statement will replace all earlier versions, unless it says differently.
If you have any queries or complaints about privacy, please contact the Privacy Officer:
By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately. If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Using the Site
1.1. The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only. All information on this site is only intended to provide you with general information about us, our products, services and objectives. Nothing on this should be treated as an offer but merely as an invitation to do business with us.
1.2. You agree that you are solely responsible for:
1.3. We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
1.4. We may provide information from time to time on:
1.5. All information is provided "as is" and should not be treated as professional or investment advice of any kind. You should consult your own professional advisors before relying on any information on this site.
2. Amendments to these conditions We may amend these conditions from time to time. By accessing this site, you are bound to the version of the conditions published here at the time of any visit to this site. You agree to view the current version each time you access the site.
3. Accuracy of information and availability of the Site While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Site is at your own risk. We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit. While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
4. Linked third party sites The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third-party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third-party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site.
5. Our intellectual property
5.1. The Site and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual property rights mean rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
5.2. Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
5.3. Other trademarks and trade names may also be used on the Site. The use of any trademarks on the Site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
6.1. Software may be made available for you to download in order to help the Site work better. You may only use such software if you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that apply to such software (this is sometimes known as an ‘end user licence agreement’ or ‘EULA’). You will be made aware of any terms and conditions that apply to the software when you try to download it. If you do not accept such terms and conditions, you will not be allowed to download the software. You should read any terms and conditions carefully to protect your own interests (they may contain provisions that set out what your legal rights are, what your legal responsibilities are when using software, what the software provider’s legal responsibilities are, and provisions that limit a software provider’s legal responsibilities to you)
6.2. Software, if any, made available for download on or via our site is governed by licence conditions that establish a legal relationship with the licensor. You indemnify us against any breach of these licence conditions. We give no warranty and make no representation, whether express or implied, as to the quality or fitness for purpose of the use of such software.
6.3. No warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this site are free of viruses, trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your computer, database, network or other information system.
7. Transmission of information Information transmitted via an unsecured link over the Internet, including email, is susceptible to potential unlawful access, distortion or monitoring. The measures we have taken to limit these risks are outlined in our privacy and security statement. As we do not have the ability to prevent unlawful activities by unscrupulous persons, you accept that we cannot be held liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by you as a result. To limit these risks, we may request independent verification of any information transmitted by you via the site or email from time to time.
8. Termination, suspension and limitation We may modify, suspend or discontinue the site, whether temporarily or permanently, without notice. We may also impose limits or conditions on the right to certain services, features or functions and we may restrict access to parts of or all of the services on the site.
9. No warranties or representations
9.1. We do not warrant that the site or online services will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality.
9.2. We expressly disclaim all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any losses that:
10. Events beyond our control We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; pandemic; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
11.1. Subject to the relevant service terms, all disputes arising as a result of your use of the site or on the interpretation of these conditions or on any matter which in terms of the conditions requires agreement by the parties, (other than where an interdict is sought or urgent relief may be obtained from a court of competent jurisdiction), will be submitted firstly to our internal complaint procedure. If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may refer the dispute to the applicable financial ombudsman of your country.
11.2. In the event that the dispute remains unresolved, it shall be referred to arbitration. Arbitration will be held with only the parties and their representatives in Mauritius in accordance with the ICC Arbitration rules with one (1) arbitrator who shall be a lawyer of a minimum of 10 years’ standing. The language of arbitration shall be in English.
11.3. Either party will be entitled to have the award made an order of a court of competent jurisdiction. The parties will keep the evidence in the arbitration proceedings and any order made by any arbitrator confidential unless otherwise contemplated. The arbitrator will have the power to give default judgement if any party fails to make submissions on due date and/or fails to appear at the arbitration.
12. Capacity to enter into agreements You hereby warrant to us that you have the required legal capacity to enter into and be bound by contractual terms. If you are unsure whether you have the legal capacity to enter into agreements, contact someone able to provide you with this information before you continue using this site.
13. Notices and service of legal process
14. The law governing our relationship These conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales without reference to any conflict of law provisions.
15. Waiver No failure or delay by us to exercise any of our rights will be construed as a waiver of any such right, whether this is done expressly or implied, nor will it affect the validity of any part these conditions or prejudice our right to take subsequent action against you.
16.1. If any of these terms, conditions or provisions are held to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable; the term, condition or provision will be deleted from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the full extent permitted by law.
16.2. If you have any questions or do not understand anything in these conditions, please send an email email@example.com we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Although the information provided on this website has been obtained from sources that Affinity Africa Finance Limited believes to be reliable not all of the information has been independently verified. The information may be incomplete or condensed. Any and all opinions and estimates specified on Affinity Africa Finance Limited’s website are based on opinions held or estimates provided based on available information as at the date such opinions/estimates were displayed on the website and are subject to change without notice. Affinity Africa Finance Limited does not guarantee the accuracy of such information opinions or estimates and will not in any manner whatsoever be held liable to any person who having visited our website and claims to have relied on any or all of the information opinions or estimates contained in the website. The contents of this website may not be published used or reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Affinity Africa Finance Limited.
Ethical Conduct and Compliance with Applicable Laws
You will refrain from any activities which are illegal or unethical and you agree to co-operate fully in any investigation or evaluation of such matters. You will comply with all applicable laws, including anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and will promptly notify us in writing of any actual or potential breaches. A breach of this clause will entitle us to terminate services to you immediately by written notice.